Nearly 20,000 seniors in South Jersey face difficult choices between eating and paying for heating or healthcare. Twilight Harvest, formerly Senior Brown Box, provides nutritious supplemental food boxes for low-income seniors living in public housing. These packages contain approximately a 2 week supply of groceries based on seniors' nutrition needs. These boxes also include information on government and other help schemes on insurance and food stamps.
We currently provide over 700 seniors in our area with a consistent supply of nutritious food through 28 sites.
- Provide food free of charge without any obligation.
- The program site must be located within Burlington, Camden, Gloucester and/or Salem counties.
- Provide verification documentation that participating seniors are enrolled in one of the following programs: SSI, Food Stamps, Medicaid or that their income does not exceed 185% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Qualify seniors annually.
- Show proof that the facility is in compliance with applicable federal and local ordinances and regulations.
- Adhere to a predetermined schedule of Twilight Harvest delivery and distribution.
- Identify and maintain a coordination team of one paid staff member and a minimum of five program specific volunteers.
For more information on the Twilight Harvest Program, contact Falynn Milligan, Manager of Direct Services at (856) 662-4884 x125 or firstname.lastname@example.org